Above/featured image: Could this be from Grace’s insane crime flashback? Or just a crime flashback? Is that Pepper the Pinhead in there? I’m curious why Pepper feels protective (or even friendly) towards Shelley, by the way. Perhaps Pepper was an average, attractive woman at one point (kind of like the pretty Naomi Grossman who plays her–damn, she REALLY cleans up well; I’m a babe, but it takes me at least two hours of prep time for me to look that pretty), but I have no idea how you would surgically make someone’s head half its normal size and pointy? I’m still trying to figure out how they made the actress look so ugly –other than prosthetic appliances for her face, and some really bad fake teeth. Perhaps Shelley was just kind towards Pepper once. Does it look like Pepper has a lot of friends?
OK, where was I when Part One of this piece left off? Oh yeah —lots more spoiler ground to cover.
Alright, so if you saw those last few tweet replies from Ryan Murphy, we now know:
The things in the woods/Raspers are “mutants” who are not necessarily cannibals (just really hungry). I guess we’ll find out if Shelley’s legs end up as their next meal. Well technically, I suppose that wouldn’t prove anything. We don’t see a lot of wildlife–or any at all– in the area …so I don’t think they HAVE to have human flesh. It just makes things all that more fun… did I just write that? I didn’t mean it to sound so twisted. Oh well.
So, soon we’ll find out why Grace ended up in Briarcliff. I caught some very fast shots like the one above, but I wasn’t fast enough to get a screen cap of a shot showing someone’s lower body, dressed in either a fuzzy robe/pajamas or both, wearing fluffy bunny slippers, and dragging an axe beside them along the floor. Whatever explanation turns out to fit that clip, I bet it’s going to be awesome!
Question: Anything on American Horror Story: Asylum? I’m officially obsessed! —Anna
Ausiello: Wednesday’s episode boasts one of the young season’s most unsettling non-horror scenes — one of the doctors aims to “cure” Lana of her lesbianism through a graphic session of aversion therapy. Also: A new character by the name of Anne Frank (yes, the one with the diary), played by Franka Potente, has some provocative intel on one of Briarcliff’s denizens that explains so, so, so much.
At this point, I feel it’s a toss-up who’s going to get the more horrible , wretched fate: Lana Winters or Shelley. We also got that fan tweet answer from Ryan Murphy that sounds like Episode Five is going to be the shiznit! Lana’s re-union with, or at least finding out/getting closure on her lover. Possibly Pepper’s Revenge, possibly the end for poor Shelley. Chloë Sevigny said in an interview that Lana ends up outside Briarcliff, but in a terrible place. Do I see a reunion in woods? Or will it be something even more brutal (though I have trouble trying to figure out what that might possibly be)?
OK, here’s one really interesting item, pretty much open to interpretation. Recently was asked for some spoilers on upcoming episodes (which I think will only occur before Episode 5 is over, but it could be Ep. 6). Here’s how it went down (source: EW.com) .com
AMERICAN HORROR STORY: ASYLUM: LET’S PLAY A GAME (I’m in!)…
Luckily, there’s a little less gross-out in the next two episodes and a lot of developments. (Mind you, there are still some gross-out moments.) For a taste of what’s to come: Who’s up for a game?
- This week, [character A] will [spoiler A] with [character B] in the kitchen.
- Did we know that [character C] knows about [character D’]s evil deeds? I don’t think we did…
- Two patients will be outside Briarcliff’s walls sooner than we think. But there’s a twist…
- As EW told you first, this week, you’ll be introduced to a character named Anne Frank (Franka Potente). Along with making crazy accusations about [character E], she’ll have [character F] questioning [his or her] sanity.
- [Character G] is going to try to [spoiler B] [character H]!! [Her or she] might succeed…
So, here’s my speculations for this game… filling in the blanks. I’m actually glad that was all the info they got out. I have some good guesses, but also a couple stupid ones, so thanks for bearing with me.
Character A – Grace, Spoiler A- Have sex with Kit in the kitchen
Character C – my guess is Monseigneur, Character D- is Dr. Arden.
As for who ends up outside Briarcliff sooner than we think, but there’s a twist… I’m thinking it’s Lana and Shelley, either as Raspers or victims of the Raspers. What a drag.
Character E is Dr. Arden, Character F is Sister Jude.
Character G, Spoiler B, Character H- This one gets hard. “Spoiler B” is either have sex with, kill, or lobotomize*. That leaves a BIG amount of choices. Uh, Dr. Arden is going to try to lobotomize Dr, Thredson? I give up.
Episiode 4, “I Am Anne Frank” has already started on the East Coast, so I’ll Rasp this up. I have PLENTY more coming soon!
*Reminds of a what would be a really fucked-up new version of the game “Bang, Marry, Kill” where someone gives you three names (all of them horrible, or all of them people you think are really hot, keeps it interesting that way), and asks you to pick which one you want to.. yeah, you get the idea. When we played it in the 80s, our version was “Marry, Have a dirty weekend with, or Push off a cliff”. Now “Have Sex With, Kill, Lobotomize” …I don’t think I want to play that version!
- American Horror Story Asylum – News and SPOILER Round-Up/Specs For Upcoming Episodes (Part 1 of 2) – Plus Pinhead Pepper Plots REVENGE! (horrorboom.com)
- Ten Things We Learned From American Horror Story Asylum, Episode 3 – ‘Nor’easter’ (SPOILERS!) (horrorboom.com)
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Supernatural, Girl Meets World, Glee, NCIS, Revenge, 30 Rock and More! (tvline.com)
- How Did They Find That Identical Young Dr. Arden ‘AHS’? (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘American Horror Story’: Ryan Murphy talks the shocking fate of [SPOILER] and reveals Franka Potente’s super-secret role – EXCLUSIVE (insidetv.ew.com)
- #AHS-Asylum “I am Anne Frank (1)” Recap: Remember “The Diary of Anne Frank”? (muhsadam.wordpress.com)