Well, I went and shot my mouth (or laptop) off and said as soon as I got any news and/or spoilers for American Horror Story Asylum, I’d pass it on ASAP, so now I get to keep my word. About the only time I wouldn’t post any cool, juicy, exciting AHSA news right after I read it is if I’m asleep or unconscious.
I’ll put the most spoiler-ish stuff at the end, and fix it so you need to highlight to read, even though I want to blurt it out right now. So many people have different definitions and tolerance for spoilers, I should start rating them on a scale of one to ten. But I digress. Here’s the next four episode titles, and they’re getting more interesting!
This probably isn’t major news to most fans, but the upcoming episode, airing November 23rd at 10:00 PM on FX is called “The Origins of Monstrosity”. The official description released by the network is:
A mysterious little girl is abandoned at Briarcliff. The Monsignor makes a Faustian pact with Dr. Arden. The origin of Bloody Face is revealed.
Ryan Murphy gave out several teasers for the episode (without giving away any secrets). He has gone on the record and said that:
- This is “the darkest episode yet, maybe the darkest of the entire series [ including Season One, aired in 2011] we’ve done”
- We’ll find out not only the ‘origin story’ for Dr. T/Bloody Face, but pasts of other monstrous characters, including Dr. Arden-Gruper and get this, Monsignor Timothy (more on that last one in the spoiler section at the end)
- Sister Jude will be starting a ‘downward spiral’, continuing with her recent vices that she fell into by the end of “I Am Anne Frank, Part 2”) Side note: I think I included in my last recap (the review that I call “Ten Things We Learned From…” ongoing series of weekly pieces that I’ve done after each episode, that at no point did it show evidence of her drinking, even at the bar. I think she mainly went to bar to cruise and get laid (and smoke), rather than guzzle booze and get hammered. I did notice, on a viewing after I’d already posted that and it was too late, that when she woke up in that flophouse with “Stranger” (as he was billed) there was a half-full bottle of booze on the bedside table, though it was on his side of the bed, among his other belongings. So, maybe alcohol was involved on her part …but still, you never saw her drinking–or acting drunk in either scene. I guess we’ll find out soon.
- That we’ll find out if the Monsignor is really cahoots with Dr. Arden, and if so, why…
- That Mark Margolis (the guy we Breaking Bad fans know and of and refer openly to as “Uncle Ring-a-Ding)” will be in the episode (but my gut feeling is he’s going to come to a ghastly end by the end of the episode next week)
- That Lana and Dr. T were in the same room at one time, and perhaps that’ s why he “picked her to be the one to tell [his] story”
- That poor mutant-Shelley will be back and show up in the episode (wonder if that’s what makes Sister Jude let out a horrified scream in the preview for the show)
- That things get even more ugly with Lana and Dr. Oliver Bloody Face
- And Sister Mary Eunice-demon will have more screen time.
Sounds like a great episode to me!
Upcoming Episode titles (after “The Origins of Monstrosity):
(airdate Nov. 28, 10:00 PM EST)
S2, Ep8/Airdate Dec. 5, 2012
Unholy Night (that sounds REALLY cool)
More info when I find it!
- American Horror Story Asylum – News and SPOILER Round-Up/Specs For Upcoming Episodes (Part 1 of 2) – Plus Pinhead Pepper Plots REVENGE! (horrorboom.com)
- American Horror Story Asylum’s Sarah Paulson Says Life Will Get Even More Terrifying and Nightmarish For Lana Winters!! (horrorboom.com)
- ‘American Horror Story: Asylum’: Zachary Quinto On Being Bloody Face And What’s To Come (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘American Horror Story’ Renewed for Season 3 by FX (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)