Here’s another You’re Next review for you! We’ve actually seen the movie (as of last night) and will be putting up our own review (short version: Horror Boom gives it a B+) but this is another one we agree with. Sadly, the movie isn’t doing quite as well in the theaters as expected, so if it’s playing locally and you want to see it, try to get that done soon. Plus, the fun factor goes up if you have a crowd… though, at our showing, it was one other couple and a dude by himself, and we all still had a great time. Jump moments? Nothing that made me (the screamer in the group) scream or yelp, though a few times my hands kind of flew up jerkily in surprise. We didn’t see it for big jump scares, anyway.
- You’re Next (TIFF 2011) Review – Masked Mayhem from Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett (horrorboom.com)
- ‘You’re Next’: How a group of indie filmmakers produced one of 2013’s most terrifying movies (horrorboom.com)
- BAD BAD BAD DON’T SEE IT BAD BAD BAD: You’re Next Review (pixcelation.com)
- Movie Review: You’re Next (cwtampa.cbslocal.com)
- You’re Next – Film Review (teamfogreviews.com)
Starring : Sharni Vinson, Joe Swanberg, AJ Bowen
Director : Adam Wingard
Writer : Simon Barrett
Released : August 20th
Shot in 2010 and released to the festival circuit in 2011, You’re Next the first feature film from Adam Wingward and Simon Barrett who collaborated for a vignette included in horror anthology V/H/S, has been a long time coming, though it feels as though I have been waiting much longer to find a horror film like this, it feels as though I’ve been waiting all my life – You’re Next is as scary as it is funny and as exciting as it is disturbing, it’s a smart wild ride of a horror movie that ticked all the boxes it needed to, to succeed. In short if I had met this film in a club I would have gone home with it.
The film introduces us to the Davison Family…
View original post 445 more words