The trailer below still carries the original title “S-VHS”, rather than the exciting new title V/H/S 2. It looks like at least one segment underwent a name change, too, but right now, check out the first teaser trailer below in HD. It manages to look more for than the trailer for the original movie. That one also managed to give away several jump moments –actually, over half of them–including the best reveal and one of the biggest jumps in the movie, and I hope when the first theatrical trailer gets released for this sequel, they give less away. Anyway…
The official Magnet Releasing page for V/H/S 2 can be found right here, and has a nice big ol’ photo of the creepy Indonesian guy with symbols carved into his flesh from the segment “Safe Haven” – the tale from Gareth Evans and Timo Tjahjanto (AKA the makers of The Raid: Redemption) that is getting the most positive buzz right now for knocking it right out of the fucking park.*
From the aforementioned Official Site:
Inside a darkened house looms a column of TVs littered with VHS tapes, a pagan shrine to forgotten analog gods. The screens crackle and pop endlessly with monochrome vistas of static—white noise permeating the brain and fogging concentration. But you must fight the urge to relax: this is no mere movie night. Those obsolete spools contain more than just magnetic tape. They are imprinted with the very soul of evil.
Even the ad copy is better-written and more exciting than the original! They’re off to a great start (now they just need to make the site a little more user-friendly for those of us with laptops, and fix a couple of their typos). Check this link for a great review that I ‘re-blogged’.
* to be clear, we mean that “Safe Haven” knocks it out of the park, but while we’re on the subject, The Raid: Redemption sure knocked it out of the fucking park too.
- Sundance 2013: Check out the teaser trailer for horror sequel ‘S-VHS’ – EXCLUSIVE VIDEO (insidemovies.ew.com)
- See Both Stoker (2013) Trailers in HD… Which Both Contain Cool Footage Unseen In The Other Trailer! (horrorboom.com)
- Think the Teaser For THE EVIL DEAD Re-boot Was Sick? ‘Till You Watch The NEW Full-Length NSFW Red Band Trailer Here, You Ain’t Seen NOTHIN’ Yet! (Disturbing Image Warning) (horrorboom.com)
- Sundance 2013: Teaser Trailer for S-VHS Now Online (dreadcentral.com)