We’d talk about it, but it’s… too soon!
Here’s another post-show mortem for the True Blood Season 6 finale, and in this one, Brian Buckner is a little less defensive and gives more helpful answers. Nope, Tara’s mom did NOT infect her with Hep-V! Good to know (phew). Read on…
- ‘True Blood’ Season 7 Scoop: Eric’s Fate Revealed (hollywoodlife.com)
- TV: Newswire: Don’t worry, Alexander Skarsgard and his penis will be back on True Blood (avclub.com)
- ‘True Blood’ Season Finale Recap: Sookie’s Wedding Leads To Tragedy (hollywoodlife.com)
- ‘True Blood’ season finale preview: Naked Eric, a significant time jump, and Jessica answering to Andy? (horrorboom.com)
Although I know all you True Blood fans are all still busy mourning Eric’s (apparent) demise, I suspect you’ll want to take a break from your weeping to read what showrunner Brian Buckner has to say about Alexander Skarsgard’s future involvement with HBO’s monster smash.
For that matter, you’ll probably also be keen to read in this exclusive Season 6 post-mortem/Season 7 preview how the boss explains the lack of Sookie-Alcide sex in the finale and how he plans to reset Bill now that he’s no longer the godly Billith.
RELATED | True Blood Finale: Grade It!
And yes, just for good measure, he’ll also reveal how much prodding it took to get Skarsgard to go full frontal for his “final” scene (hint: none at all!), and why Season 7 will not be taking a page from The Walking Dead.
TVLINE | The big question coming out of the…
View original post 1,453 more words
Let’s start with a quote from an interview with who seems to be the main face/name for the ,Netflix series Hemlock Grove.* This despite the fact he only executive-produces three episodes; (one of which he does have directing credit, the premiere with the fun title “Jellyfish In the Sky”) and didn’t in fact create the series – Hemlock Grove is based on a novel of the same name by first-time author Brian McGreevy (released on March 27, 2012). Even if Roth has little participation, the below quote was more or less exactly what we wanted to hear!
I thought about the average viewers that have watched Twilight and seen the transformation of a shirtless guy walking by a tree and transforms*. Our idea of a transformation is Rick Baker and Rob Bottin. So, we’ve got to do something modern that’s in the classic tradition. It has to be a violent birth, I want it to eat its placenta after and Deran was into it. It should shake off all of the blood and goo. And that’s how we approached all of the kill scenes.
Check out the clip of the grisly transformation below (which appears in one of the six episodes directed by Deran Serafian; his first directing credit is episode three, titled The Order of the Dragon), and decide for yourself if they hit their goal. It IS a pretty ugly, painful “violent birth”…
Novel synopsis (official): A young girl is brutally murdered and found near the former Godfrey steel mill. As rumors mount, two of the suspects in her killing—Peter Rumancek, a 17-year-old Gypsy trailer trash kid rumored to be a werewolf, and Roman, the heir to the Godfrey estate—decide to find the killer themselves.
The novel’s author Brian McGreevy wrote five of the episodes, which include the premiere and the finale. The episodes will also mark his screenwriting début.
We love the cut-aways; Lilly Taylor’s character is just smiling calmly to herself like she’s watching a Mickey Mouse cartoon, while the other character watching looks shocked and horrified:
He’s pretty wide-eyed as he gapes at Peter’s wolf transformation, but hey, it could have been worse:
Hemlock Grove will be available on Netflix this Friday …all thirteen of them will go up at once. Let’s cross our fingers that the show will have us so hooked that we mainline all of them in one (or two to three, since we have to eat and most of us have to work) greedy marathon/s. We don’t exactly have a busy social calendar this Friday, and no deadlines coming up, so let’s hope is turns out to be addictively entertaining!
*BOOOOO! on the candy-ass movie series and the technique! With the exception being Joe Manganiello (AKA “Sexiest Goddamned Werewolf Alive”) stripping naked down to his
cock sock “modesty sock” on True Blood and the bonus of seeing his bare ass for a second before he shifts. And the way he growls is just so …OK, we better just shut this footnote down right now.
- Check Out Entertaining, Twisted New “Hemlock Grove” Red Band Trailer – NSFW, HD (Toothpaste Not Included) (horrorboom.com)
- Eli Roth On Hemlock Grove’s Werewolf Transformation, Italian Horror Connection, and Mainstream Gore (Shock Till You Drop) (horrorboom.com)
- Netflix’s ‘Hemlock Grove’ Takes On ‘True Blood’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Hemlock Grove – Eli Roth directs Werewolf goodness on Netflix (thepuremassacre.com)
Well, THAT got interesting… Joe Manganiello on Talking Dead! Oh, and some interesting developments on the Sunday night episode, “Home”, too! Oh course that’s what I REALLY meant to type, heh-heh…
- Joe Manganiello Talks ‘True Blood’ Season Six! (justjared.com)
- Tonight On “Talking Dead”: Robert Kirkman and Joe Manganiello (nerdist.com)
- Celebrating Joe Manganiello’s 36th Birthday With His Top 10 Shirtless Galleries! (socialitelife.com)
- Neil Patrick Harris Dreams Of Joe Manganiello, Puppets, And Nudity! (perezhilton.com)
- Joe Manganiello Spotted With Mystery Woman, Spills ‘True Blood’ Season Six Details [PHOTOS] (socialitelife.com)