The first Red Band teaser trailer for the 2012 Evil Dead reboot just hit the internet about an hour ago (as of this writing), and it is SHOCKING and GORY and FUN and SICK and I think NICOTERO is involved and a TOTAL EVIL DEAD BLOOD BATH and I just got a LOT more fucking excited* about it! I wasn’t expecting that much gore, but HOAH! I’m talking HOAH! LEE! SHIT! Check it out below, even though you don’t get to see sexy Bruce Campbell anywhere!
No wonder the fans at NY Comic Con lost their damn minds. Oh, and I almost forgot — Happy Birthday, Mr. Raimi! Nice of you to give your fans a present. Oh, uh, retroactive warning, don’t watch this when you’ve got a paper cut on your tongue. Or easily offended. Sorry about that, good thing I said something before you saw this, huh?
Thank you to The Onion© for the inspirational headline. Don’t get me wrong, I would have sworn all over the place anyway, but that’s the first thing I thought of (after Fuck yeah, Motherfucker! which wasn’t as descriptive).
The movie’s current release date is April 12, 2013!
*I’m not a big Diablo Cody fan, and I hear she was involved with the screenplay, so that kind of tamped it down. Also, it made me feel old, which I’m not a big fan of either. But THIS, THIS shit here, made me forget all about all that!
- “I read a passage from that book.” The Evil Dead red band trailer (bizzammovienews.com)
- ‘The Evil Dead’ Red-Band Teaser Trailer: Hating on Remakes? Watch Your Tongue (slashfilm.com)
- Trailer for “Evil Dead” re-boot (Red Band, extremely NSFW), out April 12th, 2013 (gourmethorror.wordpress.com)
- EVIL DEAD Remake Red Band Trailer: The Official Version (badassdigest.com)
- Insane EVIL DEAD Red-Band Trailer is Aliiiiiive! (geektyrant.com)