Truthfully, they never tell us to scale back. We pretty much go for it. In Episode 10, when Daryl smashes the walkers with the crossbow and then smashes his head in the trunk of the car, since I’m directing second unit, a lot of times, I’ll go in and shoot those little accents later. I’ll say, “Oh, this would be a great moment,” or “We need a little punch here, or little push here,” like tearing the face of the gas mask walker to see that hideous skull, or shit like that.
–Greg Nicotero, on not scaling back with “Walker” kills (Hooray!)
If you’d rather read some great interviews Collider.com got to do–and they had great questions–before The Walking Dead Paleyfest Panel, which you can watch the actual footage of right here, and plenty of it-– we sure as hell found some! For the print interview w/Collider, click on the big red link below…
Among other topics, they discuss:
- If Rick has totally lost his shit or not
- Carl calling out Rick (last episode)
- Mapping out Season 4 (including working on some make-up effects)
- If Beth kissing Rick on the cheek was totally innocent or not (it was meant in a wholesome way, in case you’re wondering–phew)
- and WAY, way more! If you’re a fan, it’s a must-read.
Enjoy! Here’s a really horrifying Walker (shown in a PR photo) that’ll be in Sunday night’s episode (insert your own corny joke about the importance of sunblock here)…
Horror Boom - Pass It On!