Yes! We are using way too many exclamation points here! There’s a Part 1 and Part 2 – Part 2 is where it gets spoiler-packed. We had to either hastily cover the screen, pause, fast-forward, especially after one character popped up and killed or mortally injured the other, completely out of the blue. We wish we hadn’t had it spoiled, because chances are high the crowd at the movie is going to go NUTS when it happens. There’s something listed as “The Mia Abomination” in the IMDB with a MAN playing her/it. Mrs. Horror Boom also saw some sort of puppet being set up and looked away.
The B-Roll footage also shows alternate/multiple takes (especially of Evil Mia peeking out of the chained-shut cellar door and doing the weeee’re gonna geeeet yoooou creepy sing-song voice from the trailer multiple times, plus saying other lines). Jane Levy is GOOD. I see now why they needed the acting talent to be young and energetic, especially the females. I sort of made fun of her for complaining about being “buried alive” (this is also shown being set up, then I skipped some spoilers from the actual scene). Now I feel bad. While she doesn’t get put through the wringer on a Bruce Campbell-level, you can tell lots of the shots were not fun and exhausting even for a healthy 23-year old actress. In a behind-the-scenes interview, she mentioned that there was one day she couldn’t stop crying (you won’t blame her after you see it, trust us) and they had to basically shut down for the day.
If you have seen the clips, trailers, and everything else officially released, the first part shouldn’t ruin anything major for you. The second, you have been warned – MAJOR spoilers, and we didn’t even watch the whole thing. Here’s Part 1:
(Screen caps to come on both parts, BTW)
Here’s the SPOILER WARNING SPOILERS WE MENTIONED EARLIER! Part 2:
Just think, there’s STILL more coming in the movie! Like, a LOT. Enjoy!
- SPOILERS! Check Out This Behind-the-Scenes, B-Roll Footage from Evil Dead, Opening April 5th (Daily Dead) (horrorboom.com)
- New Photos, TV Spot And GORY Red Band Clip From “Evil Dead” 2013 (Spoiler-ish Clip) (horrorboom.com)
- Exclusive Video: Fede Alvarez and Jane Levy on the New Evil Dead (MAJOR SPOILERS!) (dreadcentral.com)
- *SPOILER* Evil Dead 2013 – Why You HAVE To Stay After Credits (Watch On Vimeo) *SPOILER* (horrorboom.com)
- Producer Bruce Campbell, Director Fede Alvarez and more talk the Evil Dead remake [INTERVIEW] [SXSW] (thewolfmancometh.com)