(Insert some kind of “just hanging around to wait for the movie” joke of your own here; it’s probably funnier than any my sleep-deprived brain can think up).
Just a note here, it may not be the best idea to watch these after you get home from seeing the movie and you’re feeling tense and your nerves are jangled. I was feeling mellow when I made the mistake of watching…
1. ‘Vice’ and ‘The Conjuring‘ Present The 3:07 Project. Here’s the description: The devil’s hour, which takes place at 3:07 AM, is the most haunted time of the day. VICE and The Conjuring selected four directors to create short horror films inspired by that idea. Each one is distinctly twisted and scary.
Strap in for the final two– especially the final short “The Last Dive,” directed by Jason Eisener. I deeply regret watching that after dark. Jesus! My heart lurched in my chest, I felt it distinctly.
2. Read up some cool trivia, provided by yours truly, Horror Boom. The piece also has links to others, including the Warren’s Official Site and Museum of the Occult).
3. Check out Dread Central’s piece (and ‘black carpet interviews’ with cast and crew) on the star-studded premiere. We’re jealous (again).
Here’s Part Two. I keep hearing nothing but good things about Lorraine Warren:
7. Here is an extremely informative piece on the true story behind The Conjuring.
8. We have some video of On-set and BTS footage. You want honesty, I didn’t watch them because I strongly suspect they could by spoiler-ish. You can check them out now or wait till after the movie–as we will–to watch. Oh, and it’s HD. WARNING, POSSIBLE SPOILERS!
aaaaand part 2.(also HD). Looks like there may be some B-roll footage, so consider this a SPOILER ALERT!
9. You can try to figure out
what the fu what the hell the story is behind this B-roll shot (that ends up in the movie):
10. Poke around The Warren’s official site. It includes the Warrens Occult Museum (link here is for the FB page), with a TON of footage, reading, and discoveries (not all of them pleasant ones) to dive into!
Plus, there’s a ton of pieces here on Horror Boom you may have missed. Just type “conjuring” into the Search Box at the upper right hand corner and it’ll give you everything.
- Don’t forget to bring your screaming voice, maybe some lozenges to soothe your throat with after the credits roll.
- Either empty your bladder before the movie or wear Depends
- If you have any spare Xanax lying around, you may want to bring one in the theater with you. Probably already in your tummy!
- Brand NEW ‘The Conjuring’ Featurette – Meet The Real Lorraine Warren (Plus Her Scary, Great Occult Museum)! (horrorboom.com)
- Ten Trivia Facts About The Conjuring – We Bet You Don’t Know Them All! (horrorboom.com)
- The Conjuring (horrorboom.com)
- The Conjuring- It Will Scare Your Underpants Off – Review (dc50tv.com)