The title of this EW.com piece gives you a hint as to the quality of the finale (“Wait wait wait! At least let us talk about this, we can explain!”, and do they get defensive? Take a wild guess). Well, we will grudgingly give them props to go out on a pretty dark, downbeat note. The leaked spoiler for the Dexter series finale got a couple of things right, but fortunately left Quinn out of things. We just wish anything in the final season had been the least bit enjoyable and/or thrilling to watch. What did you guys think?
Warning: if anything bothered you in the finale, especially plot holes, this piece WILL piss you off. If the finale pissed you off, this will piss you off more, even if you didn’t think that was possible (this writer was willing to give the finale a D+, then decided, fuck those people, now it’s an F before even finishing reading the entire thing). We wouldn’t have blamed the interviewer/writer for saying, “yeah, I call bullshit on that,” and ending the interview in disgust before they said anything more they would regret later (career-wise, that is; we doubt their opinions would change, especially on the arrogant and defensive attitude of the producers). A roller-coaster-ride, this finale was not. Spoiler alerts, if you haven’t seen the finale yet…
- Twitter Reacts to The ‘Dexter’ Series Finale and Hopes ‘Breaking Bad’ Will Do Better (cabletv.com)
- Dexter Finale Fails to Impress (Video) (guardianlv.com)
- The “Dexter” Series Finale Was Unbelievably Awful (buzzfeed.com)
- ‘Dexter’: About that series finale … (marquee.blogs.cnn.com)
- The Terrible End of Our Once Beloved ‘Dexter’ (theatlanticwire.com)
- ‘Dexter’ Series Finale: EP Explains Why [Spoiler] Was Killed (hollywoodlife.com)