OK, this isn’t a horror movie so much as a dramatic thriller, but David Cronenberg’s Maps to the Stars has a post-production trailer that looks interesting. Also, the Hollywood family portrayed in the thriller looks pretty fucked-up. If you saw Chan-Wook Park’s Stoker, you know Mia Wasikowska can play one creepy, deadly, and awesome daughter. Click “View original” in the lower left to watch the trailer on Variety.com!
Horror Boom would like to agree 100% with this assessment of Contracted (though Ryan of Rhino’s Horror was a little kinder than I was; click on the “Read More” link for his well put-together review and thoughts). Yesterday I attached my review of the movie to the re-blog; unfortunately I was on over-the-counter cold remedy since I “contracted” a flu virus myself a couple of days ago (obviously, it wasn’t anywhere close to what happens to the lead character in the movie and I sure as hell didn’t contract it the same way as she did). So when I wrote it I felt a little …swimmy (if this sounds like I was having any fun at all with the side-effects, trust me, I wasn’t). I wasn’t exactly on my A-game, the formatting and grammar was shitty, so I took it down and will polish my review of Contracted and re-post soon. Meantime, check out the Rhino Horror review (spoilers in the comments section …though trust me, the movie’s already spoiled fairly rotten, so what the hell, up to you).
- Body horror: Talking the best of David Cronenberg (metronews.ca)
- Film Review: ‘Contracted’ (horrorboom.com)
- David Cronenberg’s Visual Shock (nybooks.com)
- You’re All Gonna Laugh at The Editing Room’s Parody of The “Carrie” (2013) Remake! (horrorboom.com)
There’s something about watching the human body slowly transform into unspeakable terror that will always find a way under my skin, and director Eric England delivers just that in his body horror feature Contracted. There are a few moments in the film that make this one a solid enough entry in the body horror genre, but its story and the questionable decisions made by its characters turn this one away from what could have been something great. It centers around a young girl who has a one-night stand with a stranger and contracts what she thinks is a sexually transmitted disease—but it is actually something far worse. As things begin to crumble around her, she is sent on a disturbing journey.
View original post 389 more words
Here’s some notable and recent additions to Fantastic Fest 2013. We weren’t sure we could describe A Field In England (by the director of Kill List ) as horror (or even what sub-category under our ‘Cross-Genre’ category to put it under, we settled for a few); watch the trailer and you’ll see what we mean. The poster art is pretty damn cool though, we’ll give it that. Of all three, the David Cronenberg -narrated documentary Tales From the Organ Trade should be the most horrifying and disturbing …and we’re pretty sure we’re not alone in our opinion. Alex de la Iglesia‘s Witching and Bitching sounds like the most entertaining of these (and that title helps it hit the ground running); check the Related Articles below for the trailer.
- The WITCHING & BITCHING Trailer Is Bitchin’ And Bewitching (badassdigest.com)
- Fantastic Fest 2013 Reveals Second Wave of Films Featuring Ben Wheatley, Elijah Wood, John Cusack and David Cronenberg (slashfilm.com)
- Fantastic Fest’s Intergalactic Fantastic Filmmaking Frenzy Bumper Contest 3013 A.D.!!! (badassdigest.com)
- ‘Machete Kills’ World Premiere To Open Fantastic Fest 2013 (deadline.com)
We keep forgetting to mention how much we’re looking forward to this. Antiviral ALMOST made our “Ten Most Anticipated of 2013” list, in fact, it was either #11 or #12 on the list. As soon as we find a Red Band trailer, it’s going up! Meanwhile, check out this sick art… while we start looking for some viral marketing (so to speak) online – with a film title like this, it’s a great candidate for it!
Update: Hey! Found it. The URL is on the photo above, but clicking on the image with the logo up there should also take you to the Antiviral, er, viral marketing site for “The Lucas Clinic”.
- Think the Teaser For THE EVIL DEAD Re-boot Was Sick? ‘Till You Watch The NEW Full-Length NSFW Red Band Trailer Here, You Ain’t Seen NOTHIN’ Yet! (Disturbing Image Warning) (horrorboom.com)
- Red Band ‘Spring Breakers’ Trailer Somehow Gets Darker But Has More Neon (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- New Red-Band Trailer From Trance (emileeid.com)
- Antiviral (2012) (24fpsverite.wordpress.com)