All good things, except #8. We’re dreading that episode. Because, I guess, the survival horror genre isn’t depressing enough (even with zombies to make it slightly more festive), something REALLY bad has to happen. If you read the comics (and are caught up) you know how Kirkman is capable of stomping on your heart in his own special style. Maybe they CAN toss in a zombie polar bear (see article)!
This guy–I’ve seen his work before, once when I was suffering from night terrors and stayed up looking at creepy things online till dawn (don’t ask me why it didn’t occur to me that it was a bad combination until I’d been doing it a couple of weeks)–needs to take his show on the road. I think he’d do pretty well in Seattle.
Didn’t know he was featured weekly on the taxidermy competition show (it’s not what you think- it’s much, much crazier) “Immortalized,” on AMC, (one of the few competition reality shows I’ll make a point to watch), until tonight. Look for more on the amazing Mr. Takeshi Yamada and his amazing, frequently disturbing art coming up later. If Mr. Horror Boom and I get to Coney Island, I am going to RUN, not walk, to the library/sideshows.
- Outrageous Taxidermy, the Subject of a New Show on AMC (blogs.smithsonianmag.com)
- 99 reasons I’m in ‘Limulus Love’ (beachchairscientist.com)
- When the connections are as crucial as the art (japantimes.co.jp)
- Trivia (spunkywayfarer.wordpress.com)
“Uh, so Maggie died, should we… talk about that, or… guys?”
They should have opened with this sketch on SNL, nope, instead it gets bumped back to after Weekend Update. This was pretty funny (though not as funny as the Creepy Merryville Brothers Halloween sketch* from the show Bruno Mars hosted last October, which you can see here) , especially since the writing on SNL for the past few months has seemed weaker than usual to us. But we love Kevin Hart, zombies, and The Walking Dead (think he did some writing for the show he hosted, since it was above par) and this sketch didn’t disappoint. Best, funniest SNL since Bruno Mars hosted.
*then again, haven’t seen anything that funny on SNL since; after a Christmas party last year we watched ‘The Merryville Brothers Halloween’ sketch again (we were both pretty hammered at the time) and were doubled over howling with laughter as soon as they started singing. It’s just as funny sober, though!
- VIDEO: Kevin Hart Channels Quvenzhane Wallis and The Walking Dead on SNL (seattlepi.com)
- ‘SNL’ Ratings Inch Up With Host Kevin Hart (deadline.com)
- Kevin Hart To Host Saturday Night Live This Weekend! (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- SNL: Kevin Hart Monologue (Video) (dailypicksandflicks.com)