This is the longest clip we’ve seen so far, and we find out a couple key pieces of background info. First, check out the clip, and hey, don’t be scared to crank up the sound! Surely nothing in this clip will make you jump! It’s a great idea to watch it alone in the dark when you can’t sleep!
So let’s see, now we’ve learned:
1. They’ve mainly survived on a diet of cherries (that pile practically the size of a grown man is, upon closer examination, a pile of cherry pits)
2. They’ve been drawing creepy art back then, too (notice how they’re usually on all fours in the drawings, and standing on a roof in one)
3. Mama somehow got, or created, a makeshift, bizarre doll of some sort for them
4. They don’t wear shoes
5. They have a way of lurking in the out-of-focus background, crouching, to hide from visitors/outsiders (and to freak out the audience watching the movie–upper right corner)
6. The younger daughter slips quietly–then NOT so quietly–around on all fours
7. it looks like they’d really rather be left alone. I’d yell and knock over some furniture by mistake too if I heard them making that scary-ass feral sound while racing towards me in a spider-ish gait.
Oh, and that abandoned cabin in the woods they live in has a couple pieces of cool mid-century-looking furniture…. not that I’d stick around for a closer look, or mess around with them in any way.
Next up: searching for the longest/best featurette we can find on Mama to share!
- Scary-Ass “Mama” Opens Friday- Check Out These FOUR, Count ‘Em, FOUR Clips at Dread Central! (horrorboom.com)
- The Top 11 Creepiest Kids in Horror (dreadcentral.com)
- “Mama” Rumor Contro!: Is This Really The Face Of Javier Botet In Make-Up As The Ghastly “Mama”? No! Wanna See The Real Thing? Read On! (horrorboom.com)
- The Many Benefits of Eating Red (sys-con.com)