“I don’t want to ruin it for you, but Spot jumps….”
So does that mean Season 3 will take place in a club w/60s music? A theater company? Club? Venue? Somewhere that puts on a show? I’m still recovering from all the shocks tonight.
Holleeeee shit! By the way, Lana sure can go-go dance!
Bet lots of people started thinking the show had gotten too goofy during that music number in Jude’s head, huh? Looks like THOSE people were fucking wrong, though, huh? I almost never use the word “epic” as an adjective, but that was one epic ending. Lily Rave deserves an award along with Jessica Lange. And the featured image (of Sister Mary disrobing down to that red slip in the woods… never in the episode. My jaw dropped when Dr. Nazi started blowing away Raspers right and left in the woods (turned out he only killed three of them, but it seemed like a massacre at the time). Actually, the third one he blew away, the cinematography changed noticably; Cromwell unflinchingly fired right into the camera (well, not directly, but you get the idea). Suddenly it briefly turned into a 90s Guy Ritchie movie (with Vinnie Jones or Jason Statham). Or… a Western? We saw Django Unchained New Year’s Eve, and while I certainly don’t expect a Spaghetti Western with over-saturated colors, a cool twangy Morricone score, and bad-asses with never-ending supplies of bullets blowing off various villain’s knee-caps, limbs, and entire heads (though I’d sure as hell watch that show) for Season Three, maybe it will take place in a Deadwood-type setting and era. OK, we’re just trying to cover all possibilities so later we can say we called it, but since Murphy and Falchuck already have a show featuring performers (though this could be an acting troupe that travels around and puts on shows) maybe he’ll go with organized crime. Before this semi-mindfuck from Murphy linking “the Season Three secret” to this episode, though, I was thinking a traveling carnival. Maybe it’d involve someone who displays his accuracy with firearms by shooting an apple off someone’s head. However, the current consensus among our friends is a travelling carnival …but it might just be wishful thinking. We do know if American Horror Story never goes with a Southern Gothic season at some point down the line, that’ll break our hearts!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, as always!
More to come!
- Ten Little-Known Trivia Facts About American Horror Story Asylum – We Bet You Haven’t Heard Them All Yet! (horrorboom.com)
- Horror Boom’s Most Anticipated Horror Movies of 2013 – American Horror Story Asylum Final Episodes (OK, Technically TV In 2013) (horrorboom.com)
- Ten Really Dark Things We Learned From American Horror Story Episode Seven, “Dark Cousins” (Spoilers!) (horrorboom.com)
- Ten Dark Things We Learned From American Horror Story Asylum, Episode Six – The Origins Of Monstrosity (horrorboom.com)
- American Horror Story Asylum – Want A Longer Look At A Rasper? Check Out Our Horrifying Gallery, Part 1 (Disturbing Image Warning) (horrorboom.com)