We were hoping to post this (Word Press “reblog” style) Sunday or Monday after the show, but when there wasn’t anything up by Monday morning, we figured they weren’t covering Dexter (because they’d just gotten sick of it during S6, for which we can’t blame them). Wish this finale had been as good as the strong start they gave this season. However, the fact that they titled this episode:
…was so cool that we bumped our grade up on that alone: a generous B- to the seventh season finale. That ending was more of a heart-breaker to us than the end of S4, which was pretty sad. But seeing Doakes again, even though most of the flashbacks were sloppily written and even out of character, was pretty cool! The featured image is a really cool billboard (from an anonymous poster who took a photo of it) for the finale. Oh, why not, here it is again!
We try to keep vibes fairly positive here on Horror Boom; the internet seems to be dangerously close to becoming a 24/7 hate jamboree these days. So rather than burn the finale to the ground here and now, we’ll just give you this link to a review of Surprise, Motherfucker on The Onion AV Club. It’s a skillfully written and intelligent –yet brutally honest– review (better than stressed-out Mrs. Horror Boom could write at the moment), and it points out what went wrong. If you’ve got time to kill, the replies on any AV Club review are hilarious– probably because many times, staffers of The Onion will show up and post.
- Alex Moaba: ‘Dexter’ Season Finale Recap: There’s A New Killer (huffingtonpost.com)
- New Podcast Wraps Up Season 7 of Dexter (dreadcentral.com)
- ‘Dexter’ season finale features killer surprise from Deb (theclicker.today.com)
- ‘Dexter’ Producer Teases Season 9 Possibility (Again) (screenrant.com)
- Dexter Season Finale Recap: Crappy New Year (tvline.com)
- SEASON FINALE RECAP & REVIEW: Dexter “Surprise, Mother Fucker” S7 E12 (fortheloveoftv.wordpress.com)
The website style is wonderful, the articles are excellent : D. Good job, cheers