OK, it’s not quite midnight yet over here on the West coast, but The Collection finally opens in theaters on 11/30! The studio released some new clips that were pretty impressive (and violent) including one that needed age-verification due to the gore… and in the clips, things are just getting started. See how Arkin manages to escape The Collector‘s fucked-up captivity …and how he figured out a way to find his way back (blood is also involved). I embedded them here, in chronological order… check them out below!
Turns out I couldn’t include the Red Band clip because it required age verification (though I found some things I really did not need to see by using the search term “the collection tarantulas clip” …some of them made the tarantulas actually used in the movie look like fucking ladybugs). Click here to watch the very NSFW clip – that Emma Fitzpatrick (Elena) is one brave actress. Did you notice ‘The Collector’ isn’t wearing his mask?
OK, you can’t see much, but he’s not wearing it. Someone had to point it out to me, because I was way more concerned with the tarantulas. Gah!
Plus, you do NOT want to miss this Red Band featurette called “The Gore Factor,” which lives up to its fucking name! Over 200 people are eviscerated in the club scene (I’m in), and they go into some of the practical FX used. Here’s the link to the trailer, which also has a poster comparison, and if you want to read the Fangoria review I re-blogged, click here. Enjoy. And don’t forget…
- Gorehounds Unite – See Sick New Featurette From “The Collection” (2012) – The Gore Factor! NSFW (horrorboom.com)
- Review: ‘Collection’ a nastily efficient chiller (miamiherald.com)
- Writer/Director Marcus Dunstan and Co-Writer Patrick Melton Talk THE COLLECTION, Shooting on 35mm, Turning THE COLLECTOR on Its Head, and More (collider.com)
- All-New NSFW Red Band Trailer For Upcoming “The ABCs of Death” (2012) Is Bloody, Sick Fun! (HD) (horrorboom.com)
- Dig on the Opening Minutes of The Collection (dreadcentral.com)